Welcome to CNY911.com, a community news and information site where you can find and share information about public safety, crime, fires, traffic, and other notable events in your community. Our platform allows you to access and share data about emergency events happening in our area, so you can stay informed and be aware of what's happening in our community.
We want to emphasize that the information presented on CNY911.com is for informational use only, and is not intended to provide life-saving information. Our platform is not associated with any of the emergency services whose data is being presented here, and the information cannot be considered accurate or correct. We rely on information made public by several other public sources to be able to present it here.
Our goals at CNY911.com are to present information about events in our community in an accessible, up-to-date, and easy-to-use format. We are committed to ensuring that our pages and data load quickly, update regularly, and display correctly on any device, with a focus on mobile device compatibility. We also offer a feature that allows users to be notified about events going on in areas of interest.
We encourage users to share information about events they have witnessed through the "Add Comment" functionality on CNY911.com. Sharing information about events in the community can help increase awareness and provide valuable insights to other community members. By sharing details about public safety, crime, fires, traffic, and other notable events, users can help their fellow community members stay informed and prepared. We believe that by working together and sharing information, we can create a safer and more connected community.
We understand that the safety of our community is of utmost importance, and we hope that our platform can help you stay informed and aware. However, we would like to remind our users that the information displayed on our site is intentionally not accurate, and should be assumed to show the neighborhood, city, or town that an event is occurring. Members of the community should not take action relating to this information, including showing up at an emergency event. Community members who misuse the information available here could face legal repercussions, as well as cause the county to remove our ability to make this information available.
Thank you for using CNY911.com, and we hope that our platform can be a valuable resource for you and the community.
To enable alerts:
- Create an account: https://cny911.com/user/register
- Fill in the fields for Email address and Username
- Click "Add My Locations".
- The "Enable Alerts" Box should already be checked, un-checking this box will prevent this alert location from being sent out.
- Fill in a Location Nickname, this is the name that identifies this location to you. It will be used in alerts sent to you later on.
- Set an Alert Threshold in miles. Acceptable values are 0.01 - 1 Miles. Setting this too high may result in many alerts being generated. These values can be changed at any time.
- Using the displayed map select the center of the area you want to be alerted about. On many devices the map will default to your current location.
- You can define up to 5 total locations you want to receive alerts for. If you want to add more repeat steps 3-7.
- Click the Create New Account button.
- After a few moments an email should arrive containing a link to confirm your email address.
- You will be prompted to set a password for your account after clicking the link included in the email. Please save this password so you can make changes to your alert settings later on.
- If you want to start receiving event alerts via text message instead of email, please consider becoming a premium account supporter.